Piccolo Organic Sweet Potato, Apple, Pear & Beetroot
The smooth creamy base of sweet potato combines beautifully with the earthiness of beetroot. The puree is given a delicious sweetness with the apple and pear, and the dash of lemon juice adds a pleasantly sharp zest. This fruit and vegetable puree is a wonderful way to introduce beetroot to your baby’s diet.
Beets contain a fantastic amount of calcium, potassium and vitamin A which all play an important role in the healthy development of your baby. We recommend roasting beetroot with other root vegetables, adding them to juices or even making beetroot chocolate brownies!
Out of stock
Sweet Potato (45%), Apples (22.5%), Pear (22.5%), Beetroot juice (10%), Lemon juice
Energy : 59
Fat : <0.5
Carbohydrates : 10
Fibre : 3.6
Protein : 1.4
Salt : <0.01
Sugar : 8.2
This product contains no allergens.
SWEET POTATO & BEETROOT with Apple & Pear
The smooth creamy base of sweet potato combines beautifully with the earthy sweetness of beetroot. A little apple is added for sweetness, but this can easily be taken out of the recipe if you want a vegetable only puree. Why not roast up a couple of sweet potatoes and beetroots together and add to a roasted vegetable couscous salad for all the family or serve with green beans and baked chicken with paprika.
Tip: add poached chicken to this before blending together to make a more substantial meal, or mix through natural full fat yoghurt.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- ½ ripe pear, peeled, cored and chopped into chunks
- ½ an apple, peeled, cored and chopped into chunks
- ¼ a raw small beetroot, peeled and cut into chunks (if you can’t find a raw one, use the cooked vacuum packed beetroot, but ensure it is the one that hasn’t been cooked with vinegar.)
- Steam the sweet potato and beetroot for five minutes, then add the apple and pear and steam for another five minutes. Alternatively you can bake the sweet potato and beetroot in their skins at 180C/ 160 Fan/ Gas mark 4 for 30 minutes until soft, five minutes before the potatoes are ready steam the apples for five minutes.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, let it cool for five minutes then scoop out the flesh, (if using pre-cooked beetroot, you do not need to cook again).
- Once all the ingredients are cooked simply put in blender and blend until smooth.