Piccolo Organic Pear, Apple & Spring Greens
This smooth purée is a delicious combination of fresh ingredients, packed full of greens; creamy spinach and courgette with sweet peas and juicy apple and pear, rounded off with a fresh zingy hint of mint.
Peas are part of the legume family and are a good source of protein, B vitamins and lots of minerals including magnesium, potassium and iron. Spinach is incredibly nutrient dense and is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, and folic acid. It is also a very good source of magnesium, iron, and vitamin B2. (Spinach contains nearly twice as much iron as most other greens).
Mint is native to the Mediterranean region, and is the symbol for hospitality and wisdom. Ancient Greeks and Romans rubbed their tables with mint before guests arrived and it was the Romans that took mint and even mint sauce to Britain!
65 in stock
Pears (35%), Apples (35%), Peas (15%), Courgette (10%), Spinach (5%), Lemon juice concentrate, mint
Energy : 61
Fat : 0.5
Carbohydrates : 11
Fibre : 2.6
Protein : 1.7
Salt : 0.01
This product contains no allergens.
SPRING GREENS PEAR & APPLE with a hint of mint
This smooth puree is a delicious combination of fresh ingredients, packed full of greens; creamy spinach and courgette with sweet peas and juicy apple and pear, rounded off with a fresh zingy hint of mint.
- 40g Baby Spinach, washed
- 60g courgette, chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- A pinch of chopped fresh mint or dried, ground mint
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- Steam the apples, pear and peas for 8 minutes
- Add the courgette and spinach for another 6 minutes
- Take off the heat and drain, reserving a little of the water (or use boiling water if using an electric steamer) add the mint and puree. Add a little of the reserved water or freshly boiled water to the puree if it is too thick.